Greetings! Welcome to the wikia. This is a little guide for those of you who wish to create your own page, but you aren't sure on how to categorize it. Below is a guide on how we do our categories here.
IMPORTANT NOTE: When adding a category, make sure it is spelled correctly, or it won't work!
Slime Page Categories
So, you've made a slime, filled out all the information, made it fit the right layout. What's left? The categories, of course! Here's the little guide on how to add them.
These category is to show what the slime eats/absorbs.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If the slime's diet is other slimes, it gets the 'Other Diet' category, NOT the 'Carnivore' category.
- Carnivore - For slimes that eat meat.
- Frugivore - For slimes that eats fruit.
- Herbivore - For slimes that eat veggies.
- Omnivores - For slimes that eat fruit, veggies AND meat.
- Other Diet - For slimes that eat something else, such as water, electricity, sunlight, ect...
This next category is to show what type of terrain the slime lives on.
- Terrestrial - For slimes that live on the land.
- Aquatic - For slimes that live in the water.
- Aerial - For slimes that live in the air.
- Extraterrestrial - For slimes that live in space.
This category shows the aggression level of slimes.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Make sure you spell 'Aggression' with BOTH 'g's.
- Aggressive - For slimes that purposely attack and harm ranchers.
- Neutral - For slimes that attack ranchers when provoked, or only at certain times.
- Non-Aggressive - For slimes that will never attack the rancher.
These are other categories relating to slimes.
- Slime - This HAS to be on every slime page, be it a boss, tarr or other, it still needs this.
- Tarr - For slimes that are alternate versions of the Tarr.
- Slimes that aren't really slimes - For Slime pages of creatures that aren't actually slimes, such as a robot, or an egg.
- Boss - For Boss monsters.
- Crossover - For slimes that are based on an existing character in media.
- (Username)'s Pages - Everyone gets their own category to organised their pages.
Food Page Categories
So, you've made your slime, and fully categorized it... what to make next? How about a food for your slime to eat? Here are the categories that page would need.
These are the different types of food you can have.
- Veggie - For vegetable foods, that Herbivore Slimes eat.
- Fruit - For fruit foods, that Frugivore Slimes eat.
- Meat - For meat foods, that Carnivore Slimes eat.
- Other Food - For food that doesn't come under these categories, which Other Diet Slimes 'eat.'
These are the other things Food Pages need.
- Food - All foods HAVE to have this.
- (Username)'s Pages - Everyone gets their own category to organise their pages.
Other Page Categories
So, you've made a slime, a food... what else is left to do? Well, there are many things you can make, such as a landmark, an item, or even a new mechanic for the game! Here's the categories they would need.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Each of these still needs the '(Username)'s Pages' tag.
- Location - For all places on the Far, Far Range, such as a snowy tundra, or a fierce volcano.
- Buildings - For all plots on the Ranch, such as a special corral, or a strange farm.
- Game Mechanics - For all game mechanics, from fierce weather to hugging slimes.
- Items - For all objects that aren't food, a slime or a plort, such as a tablet, or special gloves.
- Free Edit - Got a page where you want people to add their own ideas? Well then give it this category, so the community knows it's free for them to add to.
These categories can only be added to pages by members of staff, so you don't need to worry to much about them.
- Marked for Deletion - Is a page to low a quality for the wikia? Or is it not one of the accepted page? Add this category, as well as the deletion template.
- Tutorial Page - For all the pages made to show new users how to create pages.
So, hopefully now you know how to properly categories your pages. If you have any questions, inquire with one of our admins, or in the comments of this page, for help! With no further ado, happy ranching!
Make sure you use ONLY the categories shown on this page!!!